Aquaman's Reef Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaman3680

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

Since I am just starting a freshwater tank and have no pics to show I figured I would post some of my reef-

This is a 90 gallon reef with mostly SPS!

img_934428_0_a11f1ecf5c0ac10712c691e2f196e8cf.jpg

Enjoy,

Matt

Very nice!!! Can you give us a run down of the equipment you have on the system?

Sure-

The tank is running off two 400 watt XM 20K halides in LumenBright reflectors. They are run on BlueLine E-Ballasts.

For a skimmer I am using a Octopus Extreme 200, and am running a 15 watt UV.

I am running a Korallin Calcium Reactor, and a pH based Kalk dosing system.

If there is anything else you would like to know, just let me know.

Matt

That is a lot of light on a 90.

Thanks for sharing the equipment list. I'm always curious to see what people have on their systems especially successful ones.

Yeah, I believe that the lights are more than beneficial for the SPS. It is interesting how some of the SPS, that are supposed to be "high light", do in my system!

I also have a 40 breeder Zoa and acan tank, well now rics too. I will have to get pics up of it as well!

Matt

Wow great looking reef. Those moni caps are beautiful looking. We love pictures here. the more the better. If you have any close up shots and some pictures of your 40 i would love to see them.

Can't believe thats only a 90 gallon....it looks huge! Nice healthy corals I might add. How in the world do you get everything looking so nice....everything tucked away in the perfect spot.

Thanks for the compliments!

The light cycle is as follows-

6:30 AM 18watt T-5 comes on
1:00PM Both 400watt Halides come on
9:00 PM Both 400 watt halides go off
11:00PM T-5 goes off

I also have a fan for cooling that comes on with a temperature control. I forgot to add that the whole system is run off a Reef Keeper 2!

Matt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom