Aquarium Apocalypse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acw90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
today i came across some unsettling things in my tank... first off ill tell you what is in it. 1 crowntail betta, one banana plant, and another plant i am not sure of the name, a ramshorn snail that just kind of just showed up out of nowhere one day and a small army of pest snails that are born and die off like crazy. this morning i was doing a 50 percent water change and after i had finished i scraped the top layer of sand with a net to kind of clean the algae that has all of a sudden lightly started to colonize my tank. afterwards my fiance noticed tiny strings wiggling in the tank they just look like really fine strands of white hair and are no longer than a quarter inch almost impossible to see really. any advice on what these little swimming worms are? are they harmful to the inhabitants of the tank? are they harmful to my fiance or I

No they ate not harmful. Some call them planeria but more likely eyes are detrius (font think its spelled right) worms. They live off decaying matter I'm your substrate. Seeing a lot if them suddenly probably means you need to cut back a bit on feeding. Do a good vacuum of the substrate n that should take care of most if them. Also they make good treats for fish to eat:)

so they are not a round worm that could be parasitic? great news thanks

Back
Top Bottom