Aquarium fish stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettaowner

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does any one have any weird, funny, or crazy fish stories? A family friend thought that his betta was a bug when it jumped out of the tank and hit it over the head with a broom. It survived.

When i was 16 we had a 15g tank kept the tank up and running since bout middle school anyways we had a african dwarf frog neat little guy so we came home one evening and my cat was wiggin out in the corner turns out ir frog got out and cat thought it was hunting time lol frog survived

Yah the frog never tried to get out after that especially since my cat started to watch the tank for awhile lol that current tank now has a crocodile gecko in it

I bought some new fish and as I was floating the bags one of my male guppies must have jumped out. I hadn't noticed him missing till about half hour after releasing the new fish. Found him on floor still moving. Popped him back in and he was fine still swimming today. Lucky my 2 cats didn't get him

Yeah this is a painful memory, but happy ending... I was a little kid about ten or twelve maybe and was asked to feed two goldfish while the neighbors were on vacation. The first few days went fine and I must have forgotten to close the lid because on he third day, I looked in he tank and only saw one fish!

I looked all around and was totally perplexed, I looked literally on every surface for what felt like an hour until I looked way under the dresser and found the goldfish looking dry and fuzzy, a goner for sure. I plopped him in the tank a moment later. He kinda sank at first but he was fine the next day!

I never told the neighbors, but I always asked about "the fishies" and he kept on living! These days I still close the lid on my Betta tank.

I was cleaning a betta cup at my Lfs but the betta jumped into a bucket of chlorine.

When I had glass catfish there was one who constantly kept knocking himself out on the glass he was really skittish, we kept finding him lying on his side on the gravel out cold then he would get up & go & join the rest, poor wee guy!

bettaowner said:
I was cleaning a betta cup at my Lfs but the betta jumped into a bucket of chlorine.

I take it the betta didnt make it and a question why does the lfs have a bucket of chlorine? Isnt the point to keep chlorine out of the water

Yea I know! I was doing a water change then I heard this scraping on the floor. Went outside and the cat had eaten the crab. Lol.

Samzter said:
My cat once destroyed a crab lol.

I used to have a Maine coone, if you are familiar with the breed you know how much they love water!

So one day, lids off the tank, doing a water change, with my Kitty sitting nearby watching like she always did. I was in the kitchen temp matching my new water when I hear SPLASH! Then a scurry across the floor. I'm thinking she just wanted to feel the water or something. Go back to the tank to see what the heck she did, didn't see anything but a trail of water. I follow said trail about 30 feet, when I find my crabs claw. About ten more feet, I find an eyeball and a leg. I follow the rest of the trail into my bed where I find her soaking wet snacking on my poor crab. I couldn't help but laugh! From that day forward I ended up locking her in my room during water changes.

Back
Top Bottom