aquarium light waterproofing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowfrill

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello i was wondering if there was a way of preventing my lights from getting water damaged. I have a 350litre aquarium with silver dollars in it, also have swordtails, keyhole chiclids, plecos n corry's, but proplem i have is my silver dollars try to jump out of tank which therefore causes alot of splash, which inturn causes water damage on my lights. I have fluval aquasky lights which are great but need replacing yearly due to water damage, so was wondering if there was something that i could put under the lights and if one of the silver dollars was to jump up not end up being caught on it and dying due to not being in the water. Proplem i also have is i would prefer not to have a complete sheet going under the lights n covering the whole tank as 1 due to feeding them and 2 due to cleaning of the tank as once a month i get everything except the fish out of the tank and do a full tank clean, i also do a clean each wk anyway just not as big.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom