Aquarium Redesign and Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CanadianWaters

Aquarium Advice Addict
So first a little background (feel free to skip this if you want, this is just my second post so it's also bit of an introduction)
I started the hobby with a 15 gallon column tank and that went quite well for me so I decided to upsize to a 29 gallon long and moved all the fish to the new tank and only used the 15 as a qt/breeding tank.
A year and a half later the 29 is a decent medium planted tank and all the fish are doing great but I've been thinking of getting a new tank and trying new species. I'm a teenager and the 29 gallon is in the family living room and my brothers and Dad have said that they would prefer the 29 to have larger fish, even if it means less fish. I'm willing to cater to that since its in the living room so everybody has to see it so I've come up with a new plan and am looking for some advice.

Current 29 Stocking:
1 Angelfish
12 Rummynose Tetras
8 Cardinal Tetras
Number of Panda Cory's

New plan for the two tanks:
(29 gallon)
1 Angelfish
12 Rummynose Tetras
Any suggestions for other SA cichlids I could add?

(15 COLUMN tank)
1 gourami or other small centerpiece
Small tetras or rasboras (suggestions?)
Lots of shrimp

So I guess main questions are:
1) Any suggestions for larger SA cichlids that would get along with an angelfish in a 29 gallon

2) Should I stock the 15 gallon as a 10 gallon due to the shape? Or just carefully select the fish?

Sorry this is so long winded as you can see this isn't a very well formatted plan yet
Any advice is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom