Aquarium size & aquaclear size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikan1089

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just was curious what size aquariums you all have and which size aquaclear filter you use with it?

When i had a 55 gallon, I wanted to put an aquaclear 110 on it but money was tight so i bought a aquaclear 70. Seemed to work okay, since then I've done a much bigger tank and filters lol

Tank / Filter Size?

Just was curious what size aquariums you all have and which size aquaclear filter you use with it?

Hello m...

Just get a filter with a gph (gallon per hour) rating that's close to 6 times the volume of your tank. So, if you have a 30 gallon tank, you want to get a filter with a gph rating of 180 or a little more. If you want a Hagen AquaClear filter, then an AC50, with a gph of 200, is sufficient.

Pretty simple.

B

I have a 20g tank with a AC70 - for a big messy fish. I aim for at least 200gph.

If you have small little fishes or fish that do not like current, then opt for the less than 10x the volume of the tank.

My 37 tall has two AC 50's, but I prefer the redundancy of two smaller filters over one larger one.

I had a 10g with an AC30, which I moved to a 20H for a few weeks before I sold it all. I ran a 30g long with an AC50 for years.

I have a 16 gallon bow, should I go with the aquaclear 50 or 70?

Either is fine. I'd go with the 70 since its not much more expensive, then turn the flow down to meet our needs.

Back
Top Bottom