Aquascaping 44g Pentagon advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candymancan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So recently like a week ago I got a 44gPentagon with a Quad PC light.. ATM it has a 420/460 Actinic duel tube and a 6700/10k duel tube.. Im not using the Actinic, and I plan to get a new 6700/6700 duel PC tube to replace it.. The light puts out 130watts total.. So itll most likely be a high light tank, that nearly 10k lumens output or 3WPG if anyone still uses that rule.

Soo, I don't use normal CO2 I use liquid CO2 in my tanks, as I will this one.. But all my tanks are about 4-6k lumens or from 1.5wpg to 2.4wpg.. So I imagine in this tank I will be able to keep more redder plants..

I found a awesome looking driftwood piece at the reservoir 200 feet from where I live.. Its an old stump with nice looking roots.. I already cleaned it and boiled it to disinfect it.. However it floats like a life preserver lol So I had to take 3 pieces of slate from the flower garden and boiled them and lay them on top of the stump to keep it from floating... Im not sure what to think of how this looks... What do you guys think ? I put some Watersprite in between the rocks as much as I could spare from my other tanks..

Currently I have a 8-9 stem bunch of Green Cabomba in the back (which is so deep and far back my 6'1 body couldn't reach I had to use a stepping ladder to get back there lol.. I also took a smaller sword out of my 55g (the 55g has 2 larger ones like 18 inches tall but I didn't want to mess up that scaping in all my tanks so I took smaller pieces of my plants..

I also got some Red Ludwigia and some Limnophila hippuroides from my 27g.. I put a Wisteria in there as well.. What do you guys think so far ? Any idea to make this look better ? Sorry for the cloudiness the tank is cycling and reeks like dead animal lol, Btw I have very large broad leaf anubias how do you propagate them ? Can I just split it in the middle of the big root thing ?

The plants I have at my disposal are this..

Watersprite
Wisteria
Red Tiger Lotus
Limnophila hippuroides
Red Ludwigia
Swords
Anubias broad leaf (big leafs)
Green Cabomba
Purple/red Cabomba
Java Fern
Alternanthera reineckii

forgot the pics sorry

img_3076065_0_907dfeb2f111ba29b32bfa7e0af2a6b5.jpg

I think you just split the rhizome for anubias. It looks good. I love the DW. I wish I had time to say more or answer all the questions but I've been really busy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom