aquascaping a 4G tank for shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmohamma

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

I'm thinking of aquascaping a 4G nano tank (10'x 10' x 10') for my desk. It can't be any bigger as it will be sitting on my work desk and I need the rest of the real estate for my work.

The tank will eventually hold shrimps and live plants, but I have some questions regarding the equipment.

1) Is this project feasible? Assume that I will have 4-6 shrimps + 2-4 neon tetras OR 1 Beta.
2) How do you feel about tanks that comes with lights and built-in filters like Fluval Spec III.
3) I don't have room for a canister filter. What would you recommend for a filter?
A) HOB.... should it contain Carbon, if so, will it affect the nutrients that plants need to thrive?
B) under gravel filter?
4) As for plants, I'm thinking of anubias, and I would like to have a carpet plant, but very low maintenance. There will be no CO2. what do you suggest?

Thank you :)

Yes it is feasible but i'm not sure neons should go in a 4 gallon. They need a proper school. Shrimp might not be safe with a betta. You could do a single male guppy.
I've always used a HOB filter and it never affected my plants. If you don't want to use a carbon pad you can use a sponge.
Aquarium mosses can be used for a carpet plant and are literally the easiest thing to grow. Anubias is a great plant as well.

Back
Top Bottom