Aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjh302

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am trying to aqua scape my 20h and I am getting really frustrated. Does anybody have pics of theirs so I can get an idea? It seems all of my rocks are too big or the tank is just too dang small. Lol.

I've always been a fan of the islands look
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396714217.694152.jpg
Here's one of just the rocks from the cycle
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396714320.607814.jpg

I would say most are roughly the size of a softball with a couple smaller ones. I have found it's easier to try out different scapes out of the tank, draw out your tanks foot print on something and try a few different scapes on that and then transfer the one you like into the tank. Also take a TON of pictures while your doing it so if you decide you like the scape you made 5 try's ago you can look back at the pic and re build it

I would say most are roughly the size of a softball with a couple smaller ones. I have found it's easier to try out different scapes out of the tank, draw out your tanks foot print on something and try a few different scapes on that and then transfer the one you like into the tank. Also take a TON of pictures while your doing it so if you decide you like the scape you made 5 try's ago you can look back at the pic and re build it

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396727609.422185.jpg
This is the second attempt blol

Make some arch ways and like that top rock could be good with some other to make an arch way.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396784546.580678.jpg
So this is what I've ended up with. Still not 100% satisfied but I told myself I only have 24 hours to set it. There are a lot of caves. Tank looks overly full with rock but it's 25 lbs in a 20 gallon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom