Aquatop CF500-UV Canister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dornblaser1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking at getting the aquatop cf500-uv canister filter it will be my first canister filter. the only reason i was looking at it is because the price and flow rate. i did some research on it from what i can tell people like it they say cheaply built you have to be careful with the handles and what not but say it filters great and has big trays for a lot of media. anyways anyone know anything about these filters and whats the best media to use for a mbuna tank
thanks

im using the cf400. Its a good filter and it works well on my 75g. however the tray handles on the media trays are very week and often pop off when pulling them out due to the water suction in the canister. Also the Prime sucks on it but if you do it how they say you will get it 70% of the time to work. I do however have no regrets buying this filter at that price.

I was also looking I to that filter. I forgot the model. The larger one. I'll be following along to see what replies you get.

Question also. Isn't 9 watts of UV low?

I'm not sure is 9watts is low or not. But I feel that the water moves past the uv bulb way to fast to do any good. I could be wrong I just haven't noticed any differences with it on vs off.

alright i have had the filter (aquatop CF500uv) set up for about 3 weeks now water flow is still great i also am using an aquatop ph16 power head and a marineland maxi jet pro 1200 power head. the filter is not really the best built but it isnt weak taking it apart and putting it together is easy and as long as your not cranking down on the handles i dont see there being a problem. i am using the floss pads in the bottom compartment and ceramic rings in the other 3. i havent used the uv really at least not yet but uv light will instantly kill bacteria if exposed slow or fast.

Back
Top Bottom