Aquavitro Salinity Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rank amateur

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently changed to aquavit to salinity synthetic salt having previously only used premixed water.

This might be a rookie mistake but hey, I am a rookie, but when I have mixed it in at the specified level there still lots of crystal in it and the salinity is way down on what it should be. I measured it out for 1.025 measurement but it is only 1.008.

Could this be because there are still undissolved crystal? If anyone has had a similar issue please could you let me know how to correct it?

Many thanks

How long did you mix it? most salt mixes will take 24-48 hrs to mix, drop a small power head in and let it run for 24 hrs then check SG.

When I used to do my water changes, I would start mixing up next weeks batch when I finished. Toss a power head in and put the lid back on.
Recently switched to Red Sea pro and love it. Every week spot on salinity measurements, quick dissolving, and only sits for about 4 hours per their recommendation. This stuff might not fit your needs, but there are better salts out there is my point. I live in the middle of nowhere and have to get my salt shipped in, so it's possible to pull off no matter where you are.

Back
Top Bottom