Aqueon Evolve 8 pico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, I just wanted to show u all my little evolve 8 pico reef. I do have one fish in the tank, a yellow tail blue damsel and the rest are inverts and corals. On the tank is mostly LPSs. I just added a tyree green toadstool and a yellow gonipora today so I hope they acclimate soon! Anyway here is a pic and vid of it today

Aqueon Evolve 8 with Zetlight Nano - YouTube
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392878016.356405.jpg

Very nice tank but I believe that fish needs a bigger tank

I know. I wasn't planning on any fish but he has been with me since I started saltwater and I couldn't bring myself to sell him when I took down my 120 :(

Here are some updated pics of my tank. The tank has been up since January 19. So this is about 8 weeks. Let me know what you guys think. My 60g cube will take this ones place because I can't bring myself to get rid of the damsel and I know this tank is too small for him. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394762269.588367.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394762299.899581.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394762329.336600.jpg

The usual complaint about black sand is that it 'dulls' over time...along with its magnetic properties. Some have tried things like black 'blasting' sand, but that has sharp edges and isn't friendly towards sandbed fish, corals, or sand sifters. I'd be interested to see how your black sand does long term as there aren't many that demonstrate black sand here regularly and I have never seen this dulling that is reported.

The usual complaint about black sand is that it 'dulls' over time...along with its magnetic properties. Some have tried things like black 'blasting' sand, but that has sharp edges and isn't friendly towards sandbed fish, corals, or sand sifters. I'd be interested to see how your black sand does long term as there aren't many that demonstrate black sand here regularly and I have never seen this dulling that is reported.

I had black sand in a freshwater tank for ten years snd it never dulled. Im not sure if saltwater would make a difference though. The magnetic properties of it does suck if you use a magnet cleaner, have to be very careful.

Back
Top Bottom