Aqueon led light and plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyBusiness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I now have a planted tank. Low light plants. I have the aqueon led light with a daylight strip and a colormax (red) strip. I have room for one more strip and was curious if anybody knows which I should get...

Daylight
Colormax (red)
Colormax (blue)

Which would my plants benefit from the most?

All red colormax, i have a 30" rig, ok for low light plants..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What size tank is this? I'd probably get another daylight strip, unless the tank was shallow? Red spectrum doesn't penetrate very much. You'll have reduced PAR at substrate level. Daylight LEDs, which has more underlining blue spectrum, will increase PAR as it can penetrate deeper. I'd skip the blue colormax.

What size tank is this? I'd probably get another daylight strip, unless the tank was shallow? Red spectrum doesn't penetrate very much. You'll have reduced PAR at substrate level. Daylight LEDs, which has more underlining blue spectrum, will increase PAR as it can penetrate deeper. I'd skip the blue colormax.

Hey there! The only difference between the 2.. there are maybe 16 total leds.and 4 would be red in the colormax..

Oh... didn't know. Thought they were all red, Brook. Good call. I'd go with Brooksters recommendation then.

Well, depending on how tall the tank is would probably dictate my decision between the two.

If you need more light, I'd go daylight (more PAR). If you just need a little more with more color enhancement, then red would be my choice.

I think the blue version is all blue.. not 100% on that though.. these lights really arnt great for plants.. you'll be around 25 par at 16" I believe.. I've been running mine with a retro fit CFL setup for a while.. when it was just the mod led my plants were struggling..

Back
Top Bottom