Aqueon Modular LED light fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amyers22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have decided to purchase an Aqueon Modular LED fixture in hopes of having better growth in my plants. The fixture comes with a strip of white LEDs with two blue LEDs for "lunar" or "moon" setting. It has space for two more strips to be added. I picked out a colormax strip that has red and white LEDs. For the third strip should I purchase the max blue LED strip for blue light, or should I just get another strip of white? Which would be more beneficial for my plants?

Don't do it, it's utterly useless on a planted tank, what's your budget and tank size? Wants for a planted tank? Expectations vs. Amount of work you're willing to put forth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't do it, it's utterly useless on a planted tank, what's your budget and tank size? Wants for a planted tank? Expectations vs. Amount of work you're willing to put forth?

Oh that's depressing. :( I would like to have a densely planted tank with a variety of plants. I currently use Flourish liquid fertilizer twice a week and a CO2 supplement daily. I would like to stay in the $100 range for the whole fixture. I have a 29 gallon rectangular tank (I don't know the exact dimensions, but I can measure it when I get home). As of right now I have a hood with one strip of white LED lights that came with the tank. They aren't doing a thing for my plants. I would like a fixture that could either replace the hood and still look nice or something that could fit in or under my hood. Also a "moon," "night," or dimmer setting would be nice.

Current satellite plus

I went with a Beamswork LED. I ordered the 30" and it was only $43 shipped. Mine is going on a 20 long, but it's the same length as a 29 so it would fit your tank too. 6500K- great color temp for plants, 2500 Lumens, so it's bright but not extremely bright. More of a medium-light than high-light output. I sold all of my high-tech equipment several years ago, and I'm not sure I want to go down that road again $$$$$

I think it should work.. we shall see.

I just looked at the satellite LED plus and it looks really nice!!!

I just looked at the satellite LED plus and it looks really nice!!!

It's a great light! 2 of them did this!

Attachments

• 1413819845930.jpg
    1413819845930.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 77
It's a great light! 2 of them did this!

That looks awesome! Would you mind posting a picture of your whole tank so I can see what the fixture looks like on the tank?

Very low profile

Attachments

• 1413820810464.jpg
    1413820810464.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 87
Very low profile

They look really nice! I think I'll be ordering one! I'll post a pick when I get it on my tank! How would I decide what size I need? If the top of my tank measures 24" would I get a 24-36 or 18-24?

24 to 36 would give you better spread.

I have been reading the reviews on the satellite fixture and many people have written that it doesn't work for a planted tank. I only have the budget to purchase one fixture. Do you think it will still be adequate enough for a densely planted tank? I am specifically trying to find something for my plants. I just don't want to purchase it and my plants die or not experience any further growth.

I have been reading the reviews on the satellite fixture and many people have written that it doesn't work for a planted tank. I only have the budget to purchase one fixture. Do you think it will still be adequate enough for a densely planted tank? I am specifically trying to find something for my plants. I just don't want to purchase it and my plants die or not experience any further growth.

I guess I'm the lucky one, check out the current thread in "the planted tank". A finnex planted plus will be stronger for sure but if you don't take great care of the tank than it will turn into an algae farm.

The dimensions of my tank are 30.187"L x 12.5"W x 18.75"H. I've decided to go with the Finnex Fugeray planted plus with moonlights. The fixtures come in several sizes. Should I get a 24", 30", or 36"? I've never purchased a light fixture so I'm not sure what to get. Would a 30" work if the length of my tank is 30.187"?

Get the 30. If you like moonlights than you're going to love the planted plus, make sure not to leave it on more than 6 hrs a day for starts. Using a versa top glass lid will help with intensity to.

Get the 30. If you like moonlights than you're going to love the planted plus, make sure not to leave it on more than 6 hrs a day for starts. Using a versa top glass lid will help with intensity to.

Awesome :) sounds great! Thank you so much for your help!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom