Aqueon sump refugium - model 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Natchos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We just acquired an aqueon sump system, along with an overflow box and a new tunze skimmer, for our 55 gal sw tank. Now to set it up...
Anyone has experience with these?
Got some tips for me?
Will post some pictures when I am done setting it up.

there is a guy on youtube named newyorksteelo who has dont a good video on the proflex sump/refugium. you can look it up, but he later had an issue with it leakign and sent it back

Thanks! I had seen his videos before. After our first attempt at hooking up everything last night, the aqueon overflow box snapped in our hands. Not good. So, we returned that piece at the store today. Didn't want to take a chance and buy the same one so we went to another store and bought an eshopps overflow box this time. Returned home to find out that the fittings don't match and that by returning our aqueon overflow, we lost the directional utube that came with it. The eshopps doesn't come with it. So off we went to the stores again (they are about 60km one way from our house...yuck). This time I got the u-tube and also had to go to the hardware store to get a piece of PVC pipe to connect my fittings. So, we are now on our way. I'll post some pics when we are done.

Back
Top Bottom