Aquired a new 110g, now lets stock it :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convict2161 said:
Do this!!!!

Oh my! That is AMAZING!! Wow ;) so pretty! I'm indecisive still. If love to move the original gang cuz they deserve a nice big new house but I think my best option is to start dividing some. I'd like to reintroduce my Peacock but I have learned that him and the Nyererei trio cannot coexist :/ btw Dino,look at how beautiful he is since the last time you have seen him ;) sorry about the horrible phone pics lol!

Attachments

• image-551878779.jpg
    image-551878779.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 64
  • image-1509920500.jpg
    image-1509920500.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image-1897067387.jpg
    image-1897067387.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image-978166889.jpg
    image-978166889.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 64
Andrew McFadden said:
I know here is mine and its not even showing its color all that well. But when he gets made it is real colorful

Hope she likes it

That is a GORGEOUS fish!!! I'm jealous too! I have a regular Afra, still pretty small, was just a teeny tiny baby when I got him :D was so happy he made it and wasn't a snack for my Compressiceps!

Convict2161 said:
Oh wow!! What a comeback! Looking real good!!

Thanks! His fins came back nicely ;) he is still isolated in the 29 tho, wanna get him back into the group! He is a beast tho, he tries to attack my finger thru the glass everyday haha I'm afraid that his pride was hurt after losing his crown and that has made him hyper aggressive, not that he wasnt before lol we shall see!

AndrewsPistol said:
Thanks! His fins came back nicely ;) he is still isolated in the 29 tho, wanna get him back into the group! He is a beast tho, he tried to attack my finger thru the glass everyday haha I'm afraid that his pride was hurt after losing his crown and that has made him hyper aggressive lol, we shall see!

Give him another shot! Just do it!! Since when have you been scared hmmmmmm???

Convict2161 said:
Give him another shot! Just do it!! Since when have you been scared hmmmmmm???

You know I just might! Then I could use the 29 to grow out my fry. I gotta get em out of the tank with the shrimps before I have no shrimps haha!

AndrewsPistol said:
You know I just might! Then I could use the 29 to grow out my fry. I gotta get em out of the tank with the shrimps before I have no shrimps haha!

Sounds like a plan!

:)

Soooo.... Browsing filters. I've came across 2 I like... I either want 1 fluval fx5 or 2 reaction 4 stage canisters (efu-35) the fluval looks nice and has good reviews but the reaction has EXCELLENT reviews... In the morning I will post links to these filters and I can get some of ur guys's 2 cents ;)

AndrewsPistol said:
Soooo.... Browsing filters. I've came across 2 I like... I either want 1 fluval fx5 or 2 reaction 4 stage canisters (efu-35) the fluval looks nice and has good reviews but the reaction has EXCELLENT reviews... In the morning I will post links to these filters and I can get some of ur guys's 2 cents ;)

Well... I have the fx5 and love it. Haven't had any issues with it and it's a breeze to clean. I don't have anything bad to say about it. Glad I bought it.

AndrewsPistol said:
That is a GORGEOUS fish!!! I'm jealous too! I have a regular Afra, still pretty small, was just a teeny tiny baby when I got him :D was so happy he made it and wasn't a snack for my Compressiceps!

Thanks
I got him from WWW.livefishdirect.com its stunning

AndrewsPistol said:
Soooo.... Browsing filters. I've came across 2 I like... I either want 1 fluval fx5 or 2 reaction 4 stage canisters (efu-35) the fluval looks nice and has good views but the reaction has EXCELLENT reviews... In the morning I will post links to these filters and I can get some of ur guys's 2 cents ;)

I'm not sure what that one filter is lol. I know Dino loves his fluval, I've never used anything other than the rena. I've had them for years and they work great never had a problem or a broke one. I don't like change lol so I don't try other stuff once I find one I like Haha. Sorry wasn't much help about that :)

AndrewsPistol said:
Oh my! That is AMAZING!! Wow ;) so pretty! I'm indecisive still. If love to move the original gang cuz they deserve a nice big new house but I think my best option is to start dividing some. I'd like to reintroduce my Peacock but I have learned that him and the Nyererei trio cannot coexist :/ btw Dino,look at how beautiful he is since the last time you have seen him ;) sorry about the horrible phone pics lol!

I would move the malawis in the new big tank if it was me including your beautiful peacock. It should be ok at that point. Then add a ton more to make a stunning tank and so it doesn't look empty.

The others are doing fine together right? So I'd leave them in the tank you have now. Then when you get another tank separate them by lake and add more in both of those tanks.

Now you'll have the 10 and 29 gallon empty for fry to grow out or to do something else.

That's what I would do but I'd have to do it all when the wife was at work or I'd be in the dog house for having all those tanks lol.

Last edited:
Here is a link to the Reaction, I forgot to bookmark the one I was reading last night with the wicked awesome reviews... The only downside is Id like to have 2... so a lil more expensive than the one Fluval. Im running 2 AC 110's on the 55 now, I dont want HOB's on the 110g. I was thinking of purchasing an extra 110 to use as a Refugium, I think thats what its called? I wanna use it to grow plants in :) The Reaction has a UV Sterilizer, not really sure what it is or if I need it lol

Aquarium Filtration & Water Quality: JBJ Lighting Reaction 4-Stage Canister Filter with UV

Thanks
I got him from Buy Freshwater African Cichlids at Live Fish Direct: Freshwater Aquarium Fish Breeder its stunning

I'm not sure what that one filter is lol. I know Dino loves his fluval, I've never used anything other than the rena. I've had them for years and they work great never had a problem or a broke one. I don't like change lol so I don't try other stuff once I find one I like Haha. Sorry wasn't much help about that :)

I would move the malawis in the new big tank if it was me including your beautiful peacock. It should be ok at that point. Then add a ton more to make a stunning tank and so it doesn't look empty.

The others are doing fine together right? So I'd leave them in the tank you have now. Then when you get another tank separate them by lake and add more in both of those tanks.

Now you'll have the 10 and 29 gallon empty for fry to grow out or to do something else.

That's what I would do but I'd have to do it all when the wife was at work or I'd be in the dog house for having all those tanks lol.

Oh yea, the ones in the 55 are doing great, they get along pretty good, there are only a couple that I would want to move :)

Well, unfortunately the 110 has to go. I don't trust it a second with all that water n rockwork in it :( big time sad face. Good news is talking with a guy who has a 125 on a beautiful stand, quite a bit more money but definitely not as sketchy as this tank. I'm putting it on Craigslist for more than I paid for it in hopes I can make a little revenue off it to get this 125. The only downfall is it comes stocked already :( a mix of SA and Africans. I'm gonna keep the Africans but have to find homes for the others... Which is not easy here in Central Michigan. Guess I'll take the good with the bad just hope I'm not stuck with them for very long! I've also decided that the big tank will be Malawi and the 55 is goin Tanganyikan.

Last edited:
staticmap

Well here she is, dirty as all get out, but finally in my possession :) any tips on how to clean it? Serious calcium deposits and hard water stains... Came with a Marineland Magnum 350, verrrrry dirty, idk if I can restore it.... Gonna look for replacement parts online. I'll post pics when I get it home.

Attachments

• image-1016100341.jpg
    image-1016100341.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 55
What did they use that for? How did they get the stains so low in the tank? Hmmm must of like never filled it all the way up. I'd try vinegar but that's pretty bad. Good luck I can't wait till you get this thing set up. Your slow lol just messing with ya

Andrew McFadden said:
What did they use that for? How did they get the stains so low in the tank? Hmmm must of like never filled it all the way up. I'd try vinegar but that's pretty bad. Good luck I can't wait till you get this thing set up. Your slow lol just messing with ya

Ha! He said Oscars! It is in rough condition for sure but the seals look good. Has some scratches that I'm pretty bummed about but the price was right and I couldn't beat it! Vinegar and a razor blade was what I was thinking too... Gonna be a long road getting her set up lol! And yes, been movin in slow motion lately lol!

Back
Top Bottom