Are there any plants which flower under water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

By_mo5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Subject says it all really guys lol

I'm after a few plants that flower under water. I have got a 240litre s.american cichlid tank.

Any ideas please??

Wicked cheers. Will hunt em down :). Are there limited plants that do it?

Sometimes you can find the Bacopa (and other plants) in an independent plant nursery, (like baby tears). But they have been grown as garden plants, you can clean them and rinse and soak (Due to chemicals for pesticides and ferts) and get them acclimated to being submerged. Otherwise lots of times they are in the pond section. More expensive but less effort, just plunk em in.

I've had Cabomba Furcata flower, Stargrass, and it looks like one of my stems of Hydrotriche hottoniiflora has a flower bud on it. All flower underwater BUT remember you have to have very specific water parameters and sufficient light to make the plants flower. There is no guarantee any of them except Anubia will. Here's a picture of one of the Cabomba Furcata flowers... Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g 12-1-2012 - Picture.

My Rotala wallichi flowered. Hers a pic

image-1313274070.jpg

I have to admit I'm not sure what this one is but it flowers but above the surface

image-1724516842.jpg

This is my Aponogeton ulvaceus & it's flower. Again above the surface

image-3261641270.jpg

image-1306532099.jpg

The one you aren't sure of looks exactly like my hybrid hardy aponogenton bulb flower. I have 3 total one just put up like 5 flowers in the past few weeks another flowered 3 at once. There not very pretty flowers though. LoL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom