Are there any safe Isopods??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteCloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had my tank set up for 4 months now. I may have spotted an Isopod on the Live Rock. Are there any safe Isopods...or should I be worried??? This one was a whitish/clear color, I did not see any eyes that were visisble, he was about 1/3 inch long. I did not see any legs or feelers on it

I have never seen any on any fish..and this is the first time I have seen one of these in my tank.

Should I go Isopod hunting...or is this one safe in the tank?

Thanks

WC

I found one in my tank dead today. Kinda wondering about that. I think I may have stabbed it awhile back BUT it had no marks on its body or anything. It was dead. Which is good BUT I don't see why. He should have been able to grab ahold of one of my clowns easily. I am glad he didn't. Maybe a hermit duked it out with him??

hmm according to that sight the one I killed was fish safe. Maybe it starved then. I have already lost 2 snails because I do not have any algea left. I haven't been able to make it to the LFS to get dried seaweed. Closest place with it is 45min away. I need to get some to keep my hermits alive. I like them.

Back
Top Bottom