Are these eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mustangmp96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Was wondering if someone could tell me if these were eggs or just something on my aquarium? I have two Angels and four Cory's (three swordtails as well, but I know it wasn't them).

image-193704184.jpg

it looks like eggs to me but would love up close picture

I only know a little about eggs (I am more acclimated to live bearers, and have run across some egg info in the doing so) and the time an egg takes to hatch depends on the tank temp (warmer is better) and it would take 2-3 weeks. When they hatch, you'll know what they are, it's as simple as that. My knowledge is very limited, and this is only mildly accurate. If someone else has better info, please do say something!!! ^^

100% cory eggs. Angelfish lay many more and they lay in vertical lines and the eggs are smaller.

Thank you everyone for the answers. The eggs have disappeared, so I assume the Angels probably found and ate them.

I have never seen angelfish eggs bunch up like that, so I would tend to agree that they were cory eggs. As far as angelfish are concerned, sometimes after laying the eggs, the parents may decide to move them (or the developing fry) to a safer location. It happens to me all the time, especially in a community tank or if a tank is located in a high traffic area. Therefore, if the eggs or fry disappear from the original spawning location, look carefully to make sure they weren't just moved before you give up on them. If they are moved, one or both of the parents will still be nearby tending to them, so that would help tip you off.

Back
Top Bottom