Arg!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Agnate80700

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im sitting here reading all these reef posts and the show off forums (one suncoral attachment in peticular)

My moonlit 29gal FOWLR humming on the other side of the room

My empty 150 gallon to-be-reef sitting in storage accross town waiting for my lease in this place to end in AUGUST.

Its driving me nuts! I want to set it up now so bad!

*calms self* sigh, only 3 more months.

that is all...

I feel for you, but you know in this hobby patience is definitely a virtue. Are you at least able to purchase the equipment you'll need?

The only thing good about having to stare at an empty 150 gallon tank... dreaming... is that I have time to buy all the stuff lol.

And use this time to get your questions answered and to look at large tank setups and find out what works and doesn't work. It you are going to create a reef in a tank that size you are going to need some equipment. Water movement is essential for a reef and a tank that large is going to need serious pumps to move the water. Also you will want to consider a CA reactor, definately a fuge, and possiblely computer controller. Now is the time to get all your planning done and have an idea of where to start. I was in a similar situation when I started my tank. I had the tank, lights, pumps, sumps and the lot before I had my stand built. It was a good thing because I was able to spend a lot of time here asking questions and getting ideas!!!

Congrats on the large tank! Take pics every step of the way to document what you did and how you did it. You will be glad you did!

Happy Reefing!!

It will be here for you know it. I want to echo what the others said in that during this time research what you plan on doing. Do as much as you can now while you have the time. Good Luck and I cant wait to see the pics.

Back
Top Bottom