Assassin snail baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bullyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I had an assassin snail for a while and all that it was algae wafers apparently because it was pregnant I don't know hahaha.

Anyway I tried to kill one of my trapdoor snails and failed but I gave her away.

Apparently she laid eggs somewhere and now I have baby assassin snails does anyone know how to care for them?

Attachments

• 1480362784726.jpg
    1480362784726.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 83
He is yellow and blackish the lighting just stinks.
It looks exactly like the tiny verion of its mom

Okay, lol. Well it is true they eat snails, stay in the substrate often byt will cruise around the tank too. They will dine on left over food, or a bit of sinking bottom feeder wafer. A nice thing to give them once in awhile is Hikari Crab Cuisine, or other food specially formulated for feeding dwarf shrimp (not the stuff made out of shrimp). Just don't over feed.

If you have harder water, at least not soft water they generally do alright. Just make sure there is a tiny bit of food for him. They are meat enjoyers.

The mom snail lays tiny square/rectangle egg sac one at a time and then the baby snail grows until hatching. So cool, you could have more and just not know/see them yet!

Cool thanks ill keep an eye out.

Any idea when i should m ok ve my Nerite and tds outa this tank...when do they start killing other snails?

I found him again, or maybe its a different one idk...

Attachments

• 1480475184244.jpg
    1480475184244.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 50
Btw.......i just noticed another thing....
Know anything about Nerite breeding?

?????

Attachments

• 1480475238543.jpg
    1480475238543.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 47
Last post - LOL! You need brackish water for the Nerites to grow babies, so they just don't really hatch as far as I have seen and heard. They F just leaves eggs all around the tank. Look similar to a whitish sesame seed.

As for the Assassin snails, I have heard they will take out a boulder marble sized Mystery snail. So Nerite could be in trouble too. Unknown how soon. There are a couple breeders of these snails around and maybe you can look up on the search feature or one will chime in.

One of my tds hitched a ride from my plant only qt tank back into my community when i still had the one Assasin. ....and it survived

Attachments

• 1480479742139.jpg
    1480479742139.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom