Assassin snails vs apple snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have assassin dnails in all my tanks to try & keep the mts under control but forgot about them when I bought my apples - so so I now have to go on an assassin hunt or will they leave the apples alone

I don't know for sure how this will go ,but I raise assasins and my money goes on them ! :whip:
I have seen them flip some pretty big MTS like a wrestler hurls a much weaker opponent...:whistle:
They kill other snails and avoid being killed by a toxin they posses so size really does not matter...:lol: :nono:

Unfortunately, they're true to their name. Maybe pull the apples into a separate tank until you can get a handle on the assassins. Even if it's just a small tank for temporary purposes.

Cut back on how much food you put in the tank and do the old lettuce trick. Put a leaf of lettuce at the bottom of the tank and the next day it should be covered in snails.

There are literally 100s of MTS so lettuce is a never ending chore that why the assasins
Guess I may have to reconsider the apples ?

Assassins are multiplying quite fine on their own actually & if I happen to get a bunch together I drop them in the Oscar or Knife tank where they don't seem to last long ?

Back
Top Bottom