Attack of the Danio's? huh...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliJasp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is it possible that my Danios could have killed my betta?,kuz I came home one day an he was lying dead inside a little figurine I had in the tank for him all bitten up an dead and the only other fish that could fit inside that little thing was my danio's,I had 6 zebra danio's BTW.

Yes, the danios could've stressed the fish to the point of death. They then most likely proceeded to consume him. Even if the betta died from other causes, the danios would've eaten him. Fish will do that to avoid excess bacteria in the tank.

Danios are nasty little fish. Bettas are solitary fish. It just wasn't a good mix. Sorry for your loss.

I stopped using danios years ago because I found they were aggressive fish. I watched helplessly as they would systematically go after a fish until they killed it and then move on to the next.

Needless to say, I removed them and took them back to the store. I am not real knowledgeable about fish, but am just mentioning from personal experience.

fanaticbooks

Back
Top Bottom