Auto top off/doser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems fancy. I personally would just stick to a float switch with redundancy. (or just get a Tunze ATO with the optical sensor. Really cool device! Especially when it's on the used rack for 20 bucks. :) )

I was thinking of doing a kind of reverse overflow, that would siphon water into the tank when the tank level drops, however I am still figuring out the logistics of this. My idea as of right know is putting a small container of fresh water at the same water level as the tank, and attaching it to the tank with a inverted U tube. That way once the water in the tank starts to drop, the water will balance itself out by drawing on water from the freshwater container. I am not sure this will work as I know the water will mix, but I don't know if I will get enough freshwater to compensate for the loss due to evaporation. Right now I am looking for the sensor you mention partypalooza, so thanks for the tip, but I am off work now with a few cracked ribs, so I would prefer DIY as it gives me something to do. Anyways thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom