Axoltyl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimberley

Aquarium Advice Regular
I guys, getting an axoltyl soon. Got the tank set up and cycling, just worrying about getting it and then it making ammonia nitrates ect go sky high. Any advice? Any info would be much appreciated!

I took a pair off someone on craigslist that turned out to be water dogs/tiger sals for $20. Been looking for some too. I hear lower 70s water temp, they eat anything that fits in there mouths so if you go with gravel make it bigger than pea. They tend to be hardy but I'd go with a typical cycle and a decent HOB.

Ha yea. Iv got him/her some large rocks for the bottom of the tank, so he/she can climb and things. I think that tanks pretty much cycled im just scared that I'll get it and then my water will go bad and it may die :( I really don't want this to happen!

They are messy so keep up with water changes including the substrate, then I don't think water quality should be an issue, unless your water source is.
You should post a picture! :p

I believe what you're looking for is an Axolotis? I moved your thread to the amphibian section rather than the reptile section.

Generally, so long as you are doing frequent PWC, this shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks guys! I'll post a picture when I have him/her. I just wanted to make sure the tank was okay and I'd done my research first! :)

Back
Top Bottom