Baby Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrenandMoan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

My boyfriend and I have just had our first lot of fry. And Im just wondering of anyone can help with what the best steps to take next are. Any info would be great THANKS!! :)

Attachments

• image-2409366242.jpg
    image-2409366242.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 62
Hello Guys...

I keep Fancy Guppies and have all the fish in the same tank. I've never separated them. To do this though, you need a lot of Anacharis and Pennywort floating in the tank. This gives the females and the new ones places to hide. Also, you need to feed frozen foods, often. You'll need to thaw the frozen cubes completely and pour the contents into the tank. If you keep the adults well fed, they show little interest in the fry and you have a high fry survival rate.

The males will show a little color at 2 to 3 weeks.

B

Also how long will the fry take to get their colors??

Mine are 5weeks and I think they are all female as have very little colour, the younger ones 3weeks old I have a few males as they are showing colouring .. Hard to tell tbh as the don't keep still long enough ;)

It can take a month or more for boys to show colour. I have Endlers, which are very closely related. The average ratio of girls to boys in a brood of Endlers is 9 to 1. So they are likely mostly girls.. one reason guppies end up as feeders.. too many girls.

Back
Top Bottom