Baby shrimp in breeder box?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vivienneshrimp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have heard that some people put their baby shrimp in a breeder box in their tank to keep them safe. Does this work? Do more of them survive than if you just leave them in the aquarium? My aquarium does not have any shrimp-hungry fish so are they not just as safe in the aquarium? They normally just sit in the plant and stuff so not sure how easily i can catch them. Any knowledge or experience in this would be greatly helpful:)

Try and catch the females with eggs and let the drop in the box.. Then remove them and raise the babies.... I keep moss in the boxes with the babies until they are 1/4" then i set them free. So far about 15 to 20 survive each drop to 1/4". I dont know if that's more than just letting them do their own thing. I just like seeing the little things grow.

Thanks! I love watching them too but i have a small aquarium, not sure if i can fit breeder box in properly unless it really helps alot. Planning on setting up a second shrimp tank so I can do some selective breeding, will try it out in there:) They are just so cute!

Back
Top Bottom