back to puffers not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenayaisapunkrocker

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i guess i should explain why i think they have worms, i was told that most puffers are caught wild and that they can have worms, also i added a new fish(black fin shark) but he was in quarantine for a week , that dosent mean that it worked. One of them has stringy poop but it didnt look like worms. and they dont eat like they did. Im thinking that its worms or that its improper nutrition, does anyone know anything about this? i wanted to see if the symptoms would match up.

i put parasite medication in their tank it couldnt hurt, but why do they just spit out their food?

What type of food are you feeding? How long have you had the tank and how long have the puffers been with you?

hiya im having the same problem with my puffers, they are in brackish water tank did full cycle before i put them in
water tests fine
got four puffrs last sat they ate on sunday but now ahvent eaten since ive tried everythibg but snails atm cus havent be able to get to pet shop

They might be having aggression issues toward each other ...try the snails though. Check out barter/trade some will probably give them away.

yeah maybe cuz the bigger ones of the four are nice and round but its the two little ones

Puffers can be really territorial, especially with each other. I had gotten one once and had to put it all by it's self. He was really happy ina 10 gallon all his own...that tiny silly little interesting creature ate nothing but snails...but since I had two large planted tanks there was never a shortage of food for him.
See if you can read up on them. I am not an expert on them but you might want to think about separating them or returning some if you can. Otherwise try arranging areas that give them the illusion of territory like tall plants and decor that break up their line of sight of one another and give the little ones a place to hide. :)

Back
Top Bottom