bacopa info needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaptorBro

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have 10 stems in my 20gL i was told it grows in a wide variety of light any other info can be very helpful to me

Okay, here is what I know from recent experience. About six weeks ago I bought six stems the australis variety.

In my medium light tank(2.5 wpg) with co2 and ei dosing, the leaves are growing very small and have turned a light yellow green (not sickly looking though) and the stems are growing sideways.

In my low light tank with ferts, the stems are growing sideways, the leaves are big, and one of the stems is totally horizontle but it has three new stems growing out of it now. They are a nice pale green.

In the totally lowlight tank with only fish fish poo for fertilizer, they are growing really tall but with aren't leggy looking.

I understand it is very tolerant of salt, but I don't salt my tanks.

Hope this helps

i left my stems in my tank i dont see progress but i dont see disaster my lil platys had a growth spurt tho

I'm sure they'll take off, same as your platys. The stuff seems to grow anyway you want to keep it.

Back
Top Bottom