Base rock bulk order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tex

Aquarium Advice Freak
My local reef club just purchased 1000 pounds of dead base rock from Captain Jer at www.reeferrocks.com. It was a group buy and he gave us a pretty good discount. I'm getting 100 pounds of it.

Attachments

• pic02223_969.jpg
    pic02223_969.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 74
I think we paid $1.60 a pound shipped. These are excellent pieces, very porous. I'll use most of it my main and still have enough left for a smaller tank.

I emailed Captin asking for a tracking number. This was his response "I did not like the way my guys cleaned the rock, so they get to do them over. I'm trying for today, but they might go out Monday. I'll send tracking as soon as I print my end of day. Sorry about the delay, but nothing leaves here unless it's the quality I'm famous for."

That's good customer service and public relations.

Nice deal, congrats.

Retailers are often quite happy to accomodate club-size orders. A couple of good deals to the clubs and they can get some very nice repeat buisness both in bulk orders from teh club and from individual orders from happy club members.

Agreed. Good for all parties involved. This guy was a pleasure to do business with. He personally hand picked 1000 pounds of his best pieces for us.

What size tank is that one MONSTER sized piece going into .... the piece in the back closest to your table set!!! Thats a huge piece!!!!!

Jermz79 said:
What size tank is that one MONSTER sized piece going into .... the piece in the back closest to your table set!!! Thats a huge piece!!!!!
There might be a fistfight over that piece. LOL I think he said it was 16 pounds.
BTW - the pictures were taken at Captains place in Florida. He was kind enough to snap some photos and email them to us!

No way!!! That piece has to be over 16lbs, I have one half the size of that and the sucker weighs in at approx. 23lbs. Then again I guess it depends on the type of rock it is.

Back
Top Bottom