Beamswork LED Lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CTWebb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've never used LED lighting in a tank before and I'm looking to switch to it. My tank is a 60 gallon freshwater (48" x 24 " x 12"). I currently don't have plants but I soon wish to change that. I know very little about tank lighting, so I need some advice. I came across a Beamswork LED light that was on sale on Aquatraders: LED Aquarium Lighting Freshwater Bright

Can anyone give me any information about this light? Would it work for a planted tank with basic beginners plants, such as Water Wisteria, Java Fern or Amazon Swords? Will the light be bright enough and penetrate all the way through? I realize it's not a "name brand" such as Marineland but it's also a lot less expensive.

Thanks for your opinions!

They have several lights. That on is for marine tanks. They have a version with 1 watt diodes which would work well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you get the one without a timer you could just plug a 5 dollar timer to it

If you get the one without a timer you could just plug a 5 dollar timer to it

This is true, but the beamsworks LED units usually come with whites and blues. If you get a model the is compatable with the timer, you will be able to set on/off times for each color.
So you could run all white or white/blue during the day then just blue for moonlight in the evening. Where as if you have just a timer on the whole thing its an all or nothing kind of deal and you would have to manually switch from color to color on the unit if thats something that you wanted to do.

See the bottom pic on this amazon link and you will see on this model that one end has the power switch and cable and the other end just has a socket for the timer.

I think they are pretty good for the price point and i have read a lot of good things about them so far.

good luck with your choice though. :)

Back
Top Bottom