Bespoke arch for giant goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm just wondering if anyone has successfully created an archway for a freshwater aquarium.

My enormous and still growing goldfish, Jasper, is a big loveable baby who likes to sleep in his arch. He loves his arch. When it broke he flipped out and I had to quickly get a new one. I now have multiple spares!

But Jasper is getting too big for his arch, as you can see in the photo.

I was thinking of rocks and aquarium silicon could be used to fashion a new larger arch. Would that work?

I would be grateful for any advice :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440324894.734425.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You can always do a Styrofoam concrete arch and cover it with a clear coat to smooth out edges. King of DIY on Youtube has a good tutorial on how to do it.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Come on Jasper! Lol I would just make one out of rocks silicone together like you said, that would probably be the easiest thing to do.

Jasper is huge! You could try using a short section of black corrugated drainage pipe. A light coating of silicon and rolled in gravel will help disguise it. I believe they are made from polypropylene but you'd want to double check that for safety reason. This would be more of a tunnel than an arch.

Thank you everyone for your fantastic suggestions ?

Looks like I have a weekend craft project ahead of me!

I'll make the arch extra tall and wide to allow for Jasper's growing height and girth ??

Thank you again :)

He is big!! Bless him. I hear you. My Ryukin got stuck in my big log last week, as she's just too big now. Ive had to block the ends with plants so my platy Rodney can still use it. But she can't. She only went in there cause a few peas had dropped into it. Fat greedy thing she is.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He is big!! Bless him. I hear you. My Ryukin got stuck in my big log last week, as she's just too big now. Ive had to block the ends with plants so my platy Rodney can still use it. But she can't. She only went in there cause a few peas had dropped into it. Fat greedy thing she is.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Jasper got stuck in one of the smaller arches of the bridge. I thought about removing it for his safety, but he just flips out.

Jasper is massive, and he's still growing!! I adopted him from someone who didn't look after him properly and so he was very underweight and small. In the year and a half I have had him, he has probably grown 10 times bigger - which must be stressful for him, and so I do dote on him a bit.

Back
Top Bottom