Best food for Discus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafy0126

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got four Discus, just want to know what is the food for them. I'm using frozen bloodworms.

White worms!
They go crazy for them
Look up how to start a colony
But you first need to get a some to start the colony.
Some local fish breeders may be able to give some to you for free.
Where do you live I may be a able to help locate a few members near you

The only people in your area on this forum is Elmo1287 and KevinM but Kevin has not shown activity on the forum for a year and Elmo I don't think has freshwater so sorry bud but think you may need to order some worms off line.

Is cool they really really like the frozen blood worm is just a pain having to put the frozen chunk in a cup with water then netting it to the tank.

I feed 3 times daily. 1.) frozen bloodworms from Dr. G's, 2.) new discus flakes and pellets by cobalt and 3.) what my LFS calls HANS food. It is mixed by them but the recipe comes from Hans at discusfishstore.com I believe it has beef heart and veggies mixed to be a high protein feed. Both the cobalt food and Hans food can be bought at his website.

I've found that variety is best for my discus. I sometimes rotate the flakes/pellets with frozen brine shrimp.

Currently im feeding two times a day. I'm not home during the day so I feed them twice at night.

Back
Top Bottom