Best Nano Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROSIEonFIRE

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all! Looking for recommendations on the best set up for a nano tank in the five gallon area. I currently have a mini bow which I think is a really nice tank in terms of the way it looks and also the fact that it is acrylic which I generally prefer, but it does not seem to have enough light even for the beginner plants I have in the tank. I am planning to buy a second betta fish and am looking to buy a second tank for his long term home and wanted some recommendations on 5 gallon tanks with good lighting since I will certainly be planting that as well. All suggestions will be appreciated. Also, if anyone has any tips about how to get some more light into my already existing mini bow, that would be appreciated as well ;)

Fluval makes some nice nano. I like the Fluval Edge, I suggest looking into those. You could always go with a standard 5.5 gallon tank and buy your filter + lights. It will probably end up being cheaper this way than buying a Fluval Edge. 5 gallons does sound nice for a better though :)

I have a Marineland Portrait, which is quite nice for bettas, though its footprint is a bit small. (It's much taller than it is wide.) The default light is nice, but I'd say it's on the low end. I've been considering getting a clip-on Finnex down the line.

The Fluvals are very stylish! I've always wanted one, but I've heard it can be a pain to clean sometimes, and I'm quite lazy when it comes to that haha.

A standard 5.5g would offer the most flexibility, since you get to pick your own hood, lights, filter, etc.

As for the upgrading the MiniBow lights, I'm not sure. The cover is opaque so a clip-on wouldn't work. Maybe you could run a strip of LED lights along the inside edge of the hood?

Fluval spec V! I have it and it's amazing. Perfect size. Big viewing area, and nice and thin so it's perfect for a desk. Light is great for me and the filter works flawlessly! I also have a finnex 2.5 tank with the light and filter that I love, it's just a lot smaller of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

+1 on the Spec 5, definitely a tank that looks larger than it actually is (y)

img_3305039_0_1e4f46bf567254016a3a43c3c2e5ef62.jpg

Back
Top Bottom