Best place to get Firts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imcgary

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got my new 125g set up and have 3.12 wpg. I also have a semi automatic Co2 system hooked up to the light timer. On my smaller tank i was using seachem firts nad they work great but on a 125g they can get pretty expensive. even at the great prices i found on drsfostersmith.com

Is there a better place or brand to use that is less expensive.

Also how many bubles a min should i be dosing of Co2? And how much and of what should i be dosing of the ferts. I have a 60/40 mix of Eco/gravel for the substrate

You've got a great setup for growing plants :)

I would first point you to this sticky on the Planted Tanks forum page:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=86934

It has links to just about anything you need to know about fertilization.

I get all of my ferts from www.gregwatson.com. He is the man. I've got a 125G high-light tank like you do and it would kill me to pay for all of the Seachem ferts if I had to. Greg's dry ferts cost only a small fraction of what you would pay for Seachem's stuff, and they are just as good if not better. Read the links on that sticky and let us know if you have any questions :)

You can buy dry ferts from Gregwatson.com. They will last you a long time and you will find them economical.

You would need potassium nitrate, potassium sulfate, mono potassium phosphate. He also has BSDM for a trace mix.

rich311k said:
He also has BSDM for a trace mix.

You mean CSM+B right?

I would suggest a bag of that too. Shipping is the most expensive part of your order, so make sure you get everything you need in one shot.

Try to pick up a couple of the dosing bottles too if he has them in stock. They make dosing a lot easier.

JRagg said:
rich311k said:
He also has BSDM for a trace mix.

You mean CSM+B right?

I would suggest a bag of that too. Shipping is the most expensive part of your order, so make sure you get everything you need in one shot.

Try to pick up a couple of the dosing bottles too if he has them in stock. They make dosing a lot easier.

Thanks I must be getting old.

Nicely done TTK. Just remember that this is a max solution. You can alwyas draw down. You simply can't go wrong with EI though :)

100 - 125 Gallon Aquarium
+/- 1 1/2 tsp KN03 3x a week
+/- ½ tsp KH2P04 3x a week
+/- ½ tsp K2S04 3x a week
+/- ½ tsp (30ml) Trace 3x a week
50% weekly water change

The +/- part means "adjust as needed", and "½ tsp (30ml) Trace 3x a week" means 1/2tsp of dry CSM+B or 30ml of liquid trace.

Back
Top Bottom