Best place to get used tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been looking to maybe upgrade my 75, I've looked on Craigslist, not a whole lot in my area. Are there any websites to find used tanks in good condition?

try looking up fish stores in the surrounding area and ask them if they have any. one of the fish stores near me has 55 gallon tanks for 20 bucks and a whole bunch of other cheap used tanks and stands that they buy off people.or try posting a wanted ad on craigslist and see what replies you get

I've had experience with used tanks.. it's hard to find BIG ones with little wear on the them. It's easy to find small ones (55 and less) with little wear on them (scratches) due to people moving and not wanting to take them, or just generally thought they wanted fish but found out they didn't.

Go to your local pet store, look there, and hope find any used ones that are still in nice shape. If you can't, shop around your local big chain pet stores, and find the best deal. I do know my local PetSmart sells a 125, but it's like $600+ tank/lights/glass hood.

Keep trying Craigslist. I got both of my 125s off there, each one for under $125! And not in bad condition either....took me awhile to find though....

I've gotten 3 tanks off Craigslist. Like someone else said you generally see 55 and under for low prices. Everything above that always seems to be over priced. I've never had a problem with the tanks or any of the equipment that came with. My best deal was $30 for a 20 long that had 2 filters, t8, hood, lots of decs, sand, and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff. Craigslist is the place to go IME

I'm looking at a 125 and nice stand and 2 rena 300 cannisters for $400, that's good, right? =)

Back
Top Bottom