Best substrate for Plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stotts

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys! I have heard a lot of stuff about people putting mud down first then 2 inches of gravel on top and that's best for plants, but I just redid my take like 3 weeks ago so I don't want to have to pull up all the sand to put mud down. So will I be okay with the sand I have now? I will provide a picture.
Thanks guys! Tyler

Attachments

• image-1530970477.jpg
    image-1530970477.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 58
  • image-2661643788.jpg
    image-2661643788.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 58
You will only need root tabs if you plant Swords, Crypts, Bulb plants like Tiger Lotus, or with Wisteria. Other wise for stem plants and such a liquid fertilizer will work but understand all plants have certain light levels they need to grow so before buying plants find out if they need high, medium, or low lighting and only buy ones that will grow in your tank setup.

You will only need root tabs if you plant Swords, Crypts, Bulb plants like Tiger Lotus, or with Wisteria. Other wise for stem plants and such a liquid fertilizer will work but understand all plants have certain light levels they need to grow so before buying plants find out if they need high, medium, or low lighting and only buy ones that will grow in your tank setup.

Okay thanks a lot!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom