Best type of filters to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love it better than the 4 stage I have on my 55 cichlid tank. For your 100gal I would get the filstar xP-XL the flow rate is 4.5x your tank size and rated for tanks up to 265g has 4 media baskets so you can have a HUGE bio filter. Good luck on your decision.

Let us now what route you go. Just go big and what you can buy. Also look in C.list & you might find something in there & work it to get it for less as well.

On the 50g I have a Eheim 2080 & a HOB working the mid section. The hob does a good job anything floating in that mid section with 21 cichlids & that big eheim 2080 I have no problems.

The Eheim 2080 I just opened last week and it was catching all the stuff in the blue pad and the white pad was super clean. I had used the old pads that came with unit when I bought them still looking good and only used a month from the ex owner. I cleaned it out very well and just a few days ago tossed them out and in went the new ones.

For the new big boy that I thought was 120g, is really 130g, I will be running a wet/dry filter & refugium. I have a refugium I wanted to set for the 50g but the eheim took the spot & I dont have enough space inside the new 130. I'm working on something to get it done to kick start it already. I will go a little crazy & planning on going that extra mile and getting a Eheim 2260 classic as well. Still hurting on the deal hat was on c.list and didnt call in time with only 4 month of use. Might I add $200 less as well :banghead: Good luck and hope it works out for ya! (y) (y)

Back
Top Bottom