best way to remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrazil230

Aquarium Advice Activist
Tomorrow I'm going to remodel my 55gal mbuna tank, I'm changing substrate, all the rocks, plants the whole 9 yards, I have 19 cichlids in there so I was just wondering if it would be best to move the fish to a spare 10 gallon tank I have or just leave them in the big tank and work around em

Tomorrow I'm going to remodel my 55gal mbuna tank, I'm changing substrate, all the rocks, plants the whole 9 yards, I have 19 cichlids in there so I was just wondering if it would be best to move the fish to a spare 10 gallon tank I have or just leave them in the big tank and work around em

You may want to move them when changing the substrate.

I use rubber maid.containers and put a.heater and filter in it as.well this is good cuz you have no time limits

Rubber maid containers make.great emergency tanks as well

That's probably a good thing to keep around the house, but I have a fully set up and cycled 10 gallon tank just sitting across the room from my big tank, and its empty waiting on my cherry red shrimp to get here, so I'll just toss them in there while I redo the tank

I was just kinda concerned about so many fish in such a small tank but I suppose I could put a few of the smaller 1s in my 29 gallon mixed tropical tank

I'm wanting to do black sand, and I don't really want to spend a boat load of money on the sand so I would like to hear about the results people have gotten with the black diamond blasting sand

Back
Top Bottom