betta acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vance1013

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello i am currently dealing with a case of ich i have the temp up to 86°f been doing water changes every 3 days started treatment last thursday well i noticed last night and this morning my betta isnt acting normally he seems to be resting more often is it the high temp or the ich running its course?

ForumRunner_20121029_074923.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic best i could do with my phone

Could be both, the ich and the temperature.
Maybe add an airstone to increase oxygen levels in the tank. Remember that higher temperature means less oxygen in the water column.

Keep and eye on him.

I will keep an eye on him i already have a bubbler in the tank so there is plenty there for that thank you though

ejaramillo01 said:
Could be both, the ich and the temperature.
Maybe add an airstone to increase oxygen levels in the tank. Remember that higher temperature means less oxygen in the water column.

Keep and eye on him.

Should i lower the water a little to have a waterfall effect from the filter as well

Bettas are labyrinth breathers meaning they breathe from the surface. He's not lacking oxygen unless your tank is completely covered up tight. Just make sure there's an opening on the lid that allows for fresh air

christine2012 said:
Bettas are labyrinth breathers meaning they breathe from the surface. He's not lacking oxygen unless your tank is completely covered up tight. Just make sure there's an opening on the lid that allows for fresh air

I did know that thank you and he has plenty of room to breath

Well for an update my betta "blu" died so i will have too do a water change and figure out what to do with the 5g i was getting ready for him he was in a 10g i will keep the temp up in the 10g till the ich is all gone

Back
Top Bottom