Betta breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katelyn1540

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I am probably going to start breeding bettas and my question is can a dragon tail male and a twin tail female breed together? Or do they have to be the same species?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

All domestic fancy bettas are the same species so yes they can be bred together.

Betta breeding is crazy though. Make sure you take the time and expense to do it right. Good luck!

Ok thanks dose this look like a healthy fish for breeding ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451612579.211804.jpg still don't have my female. The fish in the picture swims around.

He looks a little... eh. Where are you getting your fish? If you're going to breed bettas you should start with super high quality fish from a breeder. That doesn't really look like a dragon tail from a quality breeder.

Where's Andy when you need him :whistle:

Lol he may just be old I have had him for about 4 years he is healthy I got him at petsmart I am getting a new male soon.

I wouldn't breed bettas from petsmart. Betta fish are a dime a dozen. Breeding bettas is a lot of money and space and time. The only way to even be able to get rid of the offspring, let alone make anything, is to breed bettas that are better than what you can find in a fish store. Not to mention that fish store bettas are often somewhat old, past their good breeding age.

What is the best age to breed bettas at?

Thank you looked at aquabid and found these 2 males both for only 9$ with no bids! But which one should I get? Here are the picturesImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451631092.619290.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451631104.642140.jpg

If you are looking to create double tails, you have to breed a double tail to a double tail in order for you to get that. If you go singletail type to a double tail, it will take at least 3 generations I believe, to produce a double tail. Better to start with both parents as DTs IMO.

Meet my new crown tail female! I am not breeding her she is a fish for my dads house! Again not breeding her. Need some name suggestions!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451688258.653218.jpg

Back
Top Bottom