Betta Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eAts

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone,

It's been some time since I've posted on the forums, and awhile since I've had a tank setup and running. I moved for work a few years ago and the tanks came down with the move. I pulled out of fish stuff over the weekend and grabbed the 10g which I plan on doing a low/med light planted setup. I don't have any plans of doing CO2 or busting out the high powered LED's I once used.

I thought it might be helpful to share a few pictures of the past tanks and how they progressed over time while I get the some of the basics orders such as new filter media, an API test kit, and a starter plant package. I've also included some pictures of the sad state the tank is in right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 79
Second post to add a few more pictures. This was a straight up jungle!

I will say the tank is in sad shape, but I've been scrubbing with vinegar and salt and it's looking much better. Still not ready, but better...

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0198.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 78
Getting back into it

I also recently moved and have also been thinking of getting a Betta. Your previous tank setups looked really good. No doubt your new tank will come just as good or better.

I'm personally going to stick to a 2 gallon tank for my Betta. If I have to move again I'll just carry the tank out with me next time.

I know once this is setup and running I’ll get the itch again for another. When I pulled the driftwood out of this one it was falling apart. It actually looks interesting with the texture and I’m considering using it again, but I’ll wait until my LFS gets more in the next week before I decide. I’m still getting the last bit of build up cleaned up which is proving to be difficult especially when I could have picked up a 10g at Petco for $10 and a can of Krylon spraypaint for $4.... Anyway here’s a shot of the driftwood piece I’m thinking about. My only concern is that I can see where the pieces were screwed together now. IMG_1517095311.040656.jpg

Well the tank is up and running, but the driftwood is leaching tannins. Not a huge issue, I’ll just have to clear it up with some water changes. IMG_0767.jpgIMG_0769.jpg

Awww... very nice, he's gonna love that. Just watch his tail on the driftwood. Them little kickers might snag his tail. Good job!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom