Betta Companions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweets1023

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know that when it comes to Betta fish you can only keep one male in a tank cause of aggression. And that Bettas tend to have their own personality. I know that you can keep some other peaceful fish with most Bettas. I was wondering if other people that have experience housing a male Betta in a tank with other fish (successfuly) could tell me what fish they kept with him. :D

I would LOVE lots of different answers. Thanks!!

(I know most people are able to keep corys with them.)
(I currently have a 10 gallon awaiting a Betta.)

Well, like you said, corys are great to get. I've also had neon tetras. I was lucky they didn't nip the fins, but they got along. Good Luck!

Our 10 has a male betta, 2 corys, 2 otos, 3 guppies, 2 platys and 1 golddust molly.

Our 20L divided has on the left side: 1 male betta, 2 otos (he killed his panda cory), middle: 3 female bettas, 4 otos, 1 bamboo shrimp, 1 panda cory, the right side: 1 male betta, 1 panda cory, 2 otos.

Our 5.5 divided has 1 male and 1 female betta. She killed her julii cory and her oto. His oto slipped through the divider holes and she killed it too.

Our 14 hex has 1 male half moon betta, 1 oto, 1 albino cory.

I've also kept bettas successfully with many of the fish listed above: neon tetras, glofish danios, cory cats, otocinclus, mollies, and even african dwarf frogs. It's difficult to put a guarantee on which fish would get along with your betta because each betta most definitely has their own personality, so it's best to just examine each betta on an individual basis and see what they like and what they don't like and then go from there.

Back
Top Bottom