betta finrot advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pickle123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I think my betta has finrot because I noticed his fins are looking a little raggety. a few days ago I noticed a little piece of fin had partially come off, and today I noticed a couple more little strands partially hanging. He has been moving around less since a week ago. I'm planning on treating him with aquarium salt (2 1/2 tsp everyday with 100 percent water changes.) I'm wondering, I have kanaplex on hand, so should I treat him with it? I'm not sure if the finrot is advanced enough that it's neccesary? also, is kanaplex a good choice, or should I buy another medication like maracyn? Also don't know if I should use the kanaplex because I heard that it can lower the oxygen level-- so does he need a filter on to make sure he gets enough oxygen? I don't want to put him in my tank with a filter because I heard finrot is contagious and there are other fish in there. And I don't know if it's a good idea to treat all my healhy fish with kanaplex since it can cause kidney damage? I could treat him in a seperate tank but it doesn't have a filter.

Remember that bettas are labyrinthine fish and can breathe air direct from the surface.

Having said that, could you get an airstone in your quarantine?

ok. I could buy an airstone, but I've already spent a lot on my fish lately xD If you think that's the safest I might buy one.

Back
Top Bottom