Betta has fun rot...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So my veiltail Betta has fin rot. The water parameters were horrible for about two weeks. I went to the store today and picked up some Melafix and Aquarium salts. Currently he’s in a 1.5 gallon qt tank. How much should I dose him? Also I have heard bad things about Melafix on labyrinth fish. Would it still be safe to use?View attachment 306314
Change your water on a daily or every other day, he'll heal up. You can do salt. But when/if you do put 1 tsp per gallon in a bowl or cup of fresh water stir it up til it dissolves and float it so it gets the same temp as the tank. The salt takes time to dissolve. Then add it slowly. It works. But clean water everyday will work too. Test your water to know when to change it out. And keep the bottom clean. Think it becomes more work in smaller tanks. And they are more prone to getting I'll. Imo. But as long as you keep on it he'll heal up. Hope the best for yeah.
My betta’s comdition has been doing okay. I’m not sure if he’s got velvet also, or inflamed gills. I think I’m overreacting. If I shine my phone flashlight on his body, I can see a sort of gold on his tail and a little bit on his body. The inflamed gills look like they have a little bit of a rust red on them. I have been religiously changing the water and adding salt daily. I added in Melafix this morning, and he seemed to perk up.

Change your water on a daily or every other day, he'll heal up. You can do salt. But when/if you do put 1 tsp per gallon in a bowl or cup of fresh water stir it up til it dissolves and float it so it gets the same temp as the tank. The salt takes time to dissolve. Then add it slowly. It works. But clean water everyday will work too. Test your water to know when to change it out. And keep the bottom clean. Think it becomes more work in smaller tanks. And they are more prone to getting I'll. Imo. But as long as you keep on it he'll heal up. Hope the best for yeah.
Test your water... Might be stressing him out somehow if he's got velvet. Maybe adding alittle too much of something.

I did a water change and he seems better. He’s being very very active

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom