betta help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbacichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a male rose petal Betta for my 10 gallon tank. he looked healty yesterday when I bought him now He looks like he's swimming odd. I'll try to post pictures but he's shy so try my best

Sent from my LGMS323 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

also I've had a fire in my basement so I'm.not home insurance company has us living in.a.hotel for a few weeks. so I come home every day for a few hours to check my tanks and feed them. with that being said he seems to be eating just they way he swims seems odd he was a 20 dollars fish so I'd like to see him at his full potential

p.h 7.0 ammonia 0ppm nitrite 0ppm nitrate is 5.0 ppm

temp is at 78

he's in with a paradise fish and one Chinese algae eatter

I think the paradise fish is picking on him my plan was move him to a 30 gallon anyway which I will do ASAP

Chinese algae eaters can get territorial and mean, can suck the slime coats off fish at night, and they get big. I'd remove him as soon as you can.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would guess the paradise fish is doing exactly that. Hopefully there is no other problem, but with no pictures and you having limited access, I don't know what else you can. My sympathies about your house! I hope you can get back in there soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom