Betta help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nimue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, can anyone offer some advice please? I have been really struggling with my boy. He first had these lumps appear on the tops of his dorsal and caudal fin and the fins were severely affected, I'm a newbie to fish so I posted on a Facebook group and was advised they were most likely tumors nothing could be done (he seemed fine within himself). I recently noticed black on the tips of his fins so figured he has fin rot and have been treating for that, I have been doing small daily water changes to keep his water clean (ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5) there seems to be some improvement in his demeanour. Now tonight I found this on him, what is it and how to I treat please? Am I doing something wrong?
He is in a 5G tank with heater and filter. Also noticed white-ish fuzzy spots on glass tonight that have not been there before, don't know if they are connected and I couldn't get a clear pic of them.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5585.jpg
    IMG_5585.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 27
What filtration are you using? tumors you can "fix" but I don't recommend the way its done as IMO its just to risky, rather put the fish down. Uh so the way you can possibly cure a tumor is you get a long syringe and stick it inside the tumor (put the betta in clove oil) and remove the fluids. I haven't done this but I know someone on TPT who has and actually it came out successfully. several others tried it, mixed results. Fin rot also? can you get a picture of the whole tank and another of the whole fish.

Aw. I'm so sorry this has happened to your betta. They really are so special it's so upsetting when they get sick. I really hope someone can help give you advice on his treatment. Wish the best

Back
Top Bottom