Betta question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some frys growing up in a 5 gallon tank. I just want them a little bit bigger before putting them into a larger tank. So I'm going to buy a betta for the 5 gallon. I have seen some bettas that have tails that are very frayed at a fish store. This fish store is a very nice one so is it breed like this, or is it fin rot?

I have some frys growing up in a 5 gallon tank. I just want them a little bit bigger before putting them into a larger tank. So I'm going to buy a betta for the 5 gallon. I have seen some bettas that have tails that are very frayed at a fish store. This fish store is a very nice one so is it breed like this, or is it fin rot?

There are different types of tails. You might want to look the up. The Crowntail appears frayed. There are round, veiltail most common, Delta Spadetail, plakat Half moon and a split tail. Hope that helps a bit!!

Super gorgeous blue one is a crowntail. The white one with a shorter, beat up looking tail is fin rot.

Attachments

• image-156962236.jpg
    image-156962236.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 53
  • image-2460292762.jpg
    image-2460292762.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 46
Super gorgeous blue one is a crowntail. The white one with a shorter, beat up looking tail is fin rot.

I think it was a crowntail. I can't tell for sure because the tail wasn't opened. It looked more like the crowntail though. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom