Betta tanks size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SadSoyBeans

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking to buy a tank and put 2 bettas in it, ill get a divider for it too, but is 2.5 gallons good enough for a Betta or should i not get the divider and just have one?

Last edited by a moderator:
You could easily get 2 5G rectangle tanks 11.99-14.99 I have seen at a big box lfs, and from a lfs or online, 2 Sponge filters - one large air pump with a double gang valve.

My experience with a divider was that the sneaky Betta jumped over one time and then the littler one next door somehow found a way to slip under the divider in a tiny space where the sand had moved back a little bit. Found cowering in a crevise to stay away from the other bigger guy. For me not ideal. It was an Aqueon mini bowfront with a divider. Maybe the same as you are thinking of.

I wouldn't recommend it, not really enough room. I found that with a half moon Betta the 2.5G wasn't big enough for one Betta even.

Bettas love swimming around. Not really much room in a 2.5G.

You could easily get 2 5G rectangle tanks 11.99-14.99 I have seen at a big box lfs, and from a lfs or online, 2 Sponge filters - one large air pump with a double gang valve.

My experience with a divider was that the sneaky Betta jumped over one time and then the littler one next door somehow found a way to slip under the divider in a tiny space where the sand had moved back a little bit. Found cowering in a crevise to stay away from the other bigger guy. For me not ideal. It was an Aqueon mini bowfront with a divider. Maybe the same as you are thinking of.

I wouldn't recommend it, not really enough room. I found that with a half moon Betta the 2.5G wasn't big enough for one Betta even.

Bettas love swimming around. Not really much room in a 2.5G.
Thanks foe the advice, i think ill just get one larger tanks

Back
Top Bottom