Betta vs. Mystery Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonGirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
So after eating every ghost shrimp he met then scratching his head up, my crazy elephant ear betta started biting his tail a few days ago :banghead:. Every time I leave the room it gets worse so I decided to get him a golden mystery snail to see if it occupied him. Well it does...unfortunately. Jazzy (my betta) now simply won't leave the poor snail alone. As soon as the snail pokes his head out Jazzy materializes to nip at him. Just a few minutes ago the snail came out and started looking around. When Jazzy came over to nip at it, the snail snapped shut and his shell hit Jazzy in the face.

Now Jazzy has a little cut between his eyes (nothing to worry about) and the snail is in hiding again. I really want to make this work out, is there anything I can do to keep Jazzy from attacking his new roommate? More ground cover or something? :nono:

Sounds like he doesn't need any roommates. The stress will kill the snail if starving doesn't first. Maybe some type of fish puzzle could help? Google that. Any yeah maybe heavier planting/decor so the tank is more interesting to him.

Yeah he's been moved to my 10 gallon. Jazzy was literally sitting there waiting for the poor thing to come out. I'm thinking about starting a planted bowl just for him.

Back
Top Bottom